Is a Saint Bernard Right for Your Family?
Saint Bernard's are warm, friendly, and gentle giants.
They are great with kids and have a goofball disposition.
Saints are easy to train and very intelligent.
Being sensitive to heat, they always need a cool place to be with access to plenty of water.
If you don't want to deal with...
• A very bulky dog who takes up a lot of space in your house and car
• A heavy dog who wants to sit on your feet, lie on your lap, and lean his weight against your leg
• Rowdiness and exuberant jumping when young
• "Separation anxiety" and destructiveness when left alone too much
• Fearfulness or aggression in some lines, or when not socialized enough
• Some stubbornness and/or dominance problems, especially in males
• Heavy shedding
• Slobbering and drooling
• Health problems and a short lifespan
...a Saint Bernard may not be right for you.